Client Health & Safety
Safety Golden Rules
- Scaffolding cannot be accessed unless it is ticketed. Only a worker trained and certified in scaffold erection can alter and erect scaffold.
- Never lift a load over a person or building containing people and never be under a lifted load.
- If you can’t see the driver, he/she can’t see you. Only approach an operating vehicle from an area where a driver has full vision of you, and only proceed into a machine work zone after acknowledgement from the driver.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Never be afraid to stop a job if you feel it’s unsafe or if you feel it’s not planned properly. Safety of workers, people and structures is paramount.
- Take 5. At the beginning of any task be it simple or complex, after all the setup has been completed, take 5 minutes to assess the environment and evacuation route. Has anything changed, is there a risk that’s been missed? Remember, you do this work regularly and are the best person to know what poses a risk to you and others.